Sen. Ted Cruz is going through backlash after his response to a Texas elementary faculty taking pictures that killed 19 college students and two adults.
working information: Democrats, gun management teams and others slammed a pro-gun rights Texas senator after calling for extra armed laws on faculty campuses following the Tuesday taking pictures at Rob Elementary Faculty in Uvalde and for victims and their households. prayed.
- ,When a assassin like this occurs, you see politicians attempt to politicize it, you see Democrats and lots of people within the media whose instant resolution is to limit the constitutional rights of law-abiding residents. to attempt,” Cruz mentioned. Per CNN,
- “We’re seeing a whole lot of these horrific mass murders. And we have to dedicate extra regulation enforcement sources to stopping violent criminals, which stop these sorts of outright acts,” Cruz mentioned. Assembly later this week.
What are they saying:
Consultant Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D.N.Y.) tweeted In response to Cruz’s Twitter put up, “Aren’t you able to headline a talking gig for the NRA in three days—in Houston, no much less? You are able to do greater than pray. Religion with out work is useless.” Is.”
Consultant Ruben Gallego (D-Ariz.) tweeted“F**ok you @tedcruz you care a couple of fetus however you will let our children get slaughtered. Simply get your ass to Cancun,” in reference to the senator’s 2021 journey to the Mexican metropolis as Texas will get Heavy blackouts had been encountered through the winter thunderstorms.
- “You are ineffective,” Gallego added,
- one in tweet laterGallego mentioned, “Simply to be clear f**ok you @tedcruz you f**king child killer.”
Moms demand motion Gun Management Advocacy Group Founder Shannon Watts Responds to Cruz’s Tweet twitter put up“Elevating Uvalde in prayer for his refusal to do a godly factor to cease gun violence, why that is occurring, particularly in Texas.
- “Really @SenTedCruz is spreading gun foyer a couple of federal ghost named ATF director whereas attempting to cease the weapons ban.
- “After 16 individuals had been killed in a sizzling air balloon in Lockhart, Texas, Ted Cruz created and handed federal laws to enhance security rules. However after the shootings in El Paso and Santa Fe, he confronted gun violence. Blamed it for psychological sickness. Thank God there isn’t a sizzling air balloon foyer.”
Adviser to the Democratic Congressional Marketing campaign Committee Kurt Bardella tweeted“Ted Cruz Acquired $300k From the Professional-Gun Mob, So Settle for Your Prayers And Get Them In Your Ass. Your Acceptance Of This Blood Cash Tells Us How A lot Your Prayers Are Price.”
Political contributor Ana Navarro-Cardenas, Frequent co-host on “The View” retweeted Cruz’s prayer tweeted with the remark, “When you’re one of many cowards held hostage by the gun-lobby and an impediment to smart gun reform, shut the f**ok up now.”
msnbc Host Mehdi Hassan tweeted“Ted Cruz is certainly one of many elected Republicans who loudly and proudly block any and all motion on gun management.”
giffords, A gun management advocacy group led by former Consultant Gabby Giffords (D-Ariz), who was injured within the 2011 mass taking pictures, criticized Cruz and Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas):
- Cruise representatives didn’t instantly reply to Axios’ request for remark.